Friday, March 30, 2012

A test for @booxtream ? Pirated copy of Harry Potter ebook discovered already.

One year ago, I had a discussion with Huub Van De Pol of IContact.nl about developing a social drm module for ebooks. Huub told me he was doing it already, so I abandoned the idea. 

Now I read on the web that booxtream would be the drm solution for Harry Potter ebooks.

That would be a huge achievement for booxtream, but also a real test. 

When I remember my discussion with Huub about all the hidden protection techniques of booxstream, I believe the pirate ebook will reveal who had purchased it. The next question is than, how do we find the pirate and annoy him in order to educate the market on the disadvantges of piracy. That's the nasty part of social drm...


The first Pottermore ebook pirate has struck – Pirated copy of Harry Potter ebook discovered already.

Synopsis:  This morning, Nate Hoffelder has reported on his blog The Digital Reader (link below) that the first illegal copy of one of the new Pottermore DRM free Harry Potter ebooks has appeared on the web.


Read more on The first Pottermore ebook pirate has struck – Pirated copy of Harry Potter ebook discovered already….D





---
Jean-Francois Declercq
+32 486 744 520

No comments:

Post a Comment